Sunday, December 11, 2016

NEWS | Cheri Keaggy's "Hope is Believing" featured in "Christmas Ranch" film



McCain and Co. Public Relations

"Hope is Believing," the new song from Dove Award winning singer/songwriter and recording artist Cheri Keaggy, will be featured in the delightful holiday-themed Family Inspirational feature film, Christmas Ranch, from DBM Films.

Just in time for the Christmas holiday season, Christmas Ranch is a feel-good movie about hope and second chances. Christmas Ranch is the story of a strong-willed girl (Taylor Lyons) who is sent to stay with her grandmother (Francine Locke) on her horse ranch. As she grows to care for her grandmother's pony, she becomes determined to help save the ranch from foreclosure.

"I have long been a fan of Cheri Keaggy's music quality and artistry," says Douglas Maddox, producer and director of Christmas Ranch. "She has a unique ability to connect her audience with her message. I thought she would be the perfect artist to create original music for Christmas Ranch, and boy, was I right! 'Hope is Believing' is a beautiful, inspirational song that will touch and uplift everyone who hears it."

"It was an honor to be asked to write the theme song for the movie," says Keaggy. "This was a new challenge for me, but after reading the script, I felt I could bring something to it. Everybody needs to know there's hope no matter what they're facing. And Christmas is the perfect time to share that message."

Keaggy will be on hand to perform the song live during a special premiere screening of Christmas Ranch at the Senator Theatre in Baltimore, Maryland, on Thursday, December 8, 2016, with proceeds benefiting the Baltimore Community Foundation.

"I'm excited to be singing 'Hope Is Believing' at the movie premiere event in Baltimore tonight," says Keaggy. "I can't wait to see this wonderful movie on the big screen!"

Keaggy's song, "Hope is Believing," which is featured prominently in the film, is available now for digital download from a variety of online retailers, including iTunes and Amazon.com. Christmas Ranch is available to stream from such respected sources as Amazon.com, Google Play, Vudu, Vimeo on Demand and is coming soon to Netflix.

The Dove Award winning singer/songwriter recently received an early Christmas present when she learned "Be My Sabbath," the second radio single from her highly acclaimed project, No Longer My Own, hit Number 1 on the Independent Christian Radio Chart's (CRC) Contemporary Christian Music chart. "Be My Sabbath" went for adds to Christian AC, Soft AC, and INSPO radio formats on October 4, 2016, through A-Sides Radio Promotion.

The poignant and achingly honest song holds a special place in Keaggy's heart. She says she wrote the song, which serves as a cry for God's restorative power and refueling, in response to her own desperate need for Sabbath rest.

After experiencing the sheer elation of reaching her goal on the Kickstarter campaign that funded her latest CD, she was unprepared for the unanticipated physical and spiritual burnout that followed.

"'Be My Sabbath' was my guttural cry for God to restart me when I felt nothing but deadness inside," Keaggy confesses. "I learned that I have human limits. God calls us to kingdom work, yes, but He also calls us to rest, to 'Shabbat,' to come to an end, to stop, to pause. It's for our own protection. One man told me that he didn't realize how desperately he needed this message until he heard the song and nearly had to pull off the road because he was crying so hard."

"What if the Sabbath Day was as important, if not more important, than the other days preceding it?" she asks. "I pray God will use 'Be My Sabbath' to awaken listeners to seek regular times of renewal with God, our Source and Sabbath."

No comments:

Post a Comment